Speed and power has always fascinated man. This also reflects in man’s fetish for fast sports cars. Not many people have the fortune to own a classic fast supercar, but it can never stop any sports car freak to stop dreaming and admiring the new arrivals in the world of super cars. Here let us have a look at the top 5 fast sports car that is legal on the streets as well.
- Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
It is undoubtedly the fastest car in the world with a maximum speed of 268 mph and it does 0 to 100 mph within 4.9 seconds. The engine is 8 liter W16 coupled with an amazing horse power of 1200 to ensure high speed.
- Hennessey Venom GT and Koenigsegg Agera R
These two super cars share the second position with a top speed of 260 mph. While Venom GT has a V8 LS9 twin turbocharged engine of 6.2 liters, the twin turbo engine of Agera R is 5 liters V8 providing horsepower of 1099. Agera can do 0 to 60 mph within 2.9 seconds while Venom does the same in 2.5 seconds. It is believed that Venom with slight enhancements can hit a speed of around 275 mph even.
- SSC Ultimate Aero and 9ff GT9-R
There is again a tie for the third spot as both of them are fabulous fast supercars with a maximum speed of around 257 mph. While 9ff GT9-R was built on the platform of Porsche 911 and so it is classic, stylish and fast with amazing engine of 6 flat turbo twin 4 liters and horsepower of 1120 hp, Aero has V8 twin turbo engine and 1183 horsepower.
- Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
The top speed of this classy American sports beast is 248 mph and does 0 to 60 mph in just 2.8 seconds. The torque is 700 lb ft at the rate of 4800 rpm and V8 twin turbo engine.
- Koeningsegg CCX
The speed of the super convertible reaches a maximum of 245 mph and takes 3.2 seconds for 0 to 60 mph. The engine is V8 4.8 liters with horsepower of 806 hp ensuring the level of speed is intact.
Want a luxurious sports car straight down from any bond movie? Well, then John Hennessey rightly modified the Lotus Exige to produce the exotic Dodge Viper Hennessey Venom GT. It is not only stylish, graceful and sensuous but also the fastest and full of power. It is dream car of the sports convertible freaks and it has broken many records and created new ones ever since its launch. Bugatti has got a great competitor for the fastest car spot in Venom GT. It takes an acceleration time of 13.63 seconds to go from 0 to 186 mph and it is a world record. It is the world’s quickest production car as well. The car is also street legal and so any die hard sports car fan can really posses this car.
The appearance of the Venom GT Viper has been given equal importance just as the speed and performance. The steel sub frame of chrome moly stout along with couple of braces of V shapes in the rear part of the roll cage body enhances its look. The interior is similar to Lotus Exige with additional diamond stitching black Alcantara for better comfort and style.
Highlights of Hennessey Venom GT Viper
- The sports supercar can reach a top speed of 265.7 mph or 427.6 km/hr and can takes 2.4 seconds to go 0 to 62 mph and does 0 to 200 mph within 15.9 seconds.
- The engine is twin turbo LS9 V10 turbocharged of 6.2 liters which ensures it hits the roads smoothly and attains the desired speed.
- It provides a horsepower of 1200 bhp and it is assumed that the top speed can reach up to 275 mph in the future. The power ranges from 1244 hp at the rate of 6500 rpm.
- Venom GT has a torque of 1155 lb ft at the rate of 4200 rpm.
- The Hennessey sports bull has a Ricardo 6 speed manual transmission.
- The weight of the sports car is 2743 lbs which is perfectly in compliance with the speed of the car.
- The car production cannot be more than 10 cars ion one calendar year.
The Swedish car giants, Koenigsegg comes up with another supercar beast in the world of sports car to amaze all the speed fanatics with Koenigsegg Agera R. This powerful and aggressive sports car runs with a top speed of 260 mph and it takes 2.9 seconds to go from 0 to 60 mph. It is among one of the most extravagant fastest cars of the world which has sheer class and an amazing glamorous attitude. This exotic car is arguably the most dashing looking cars at present and it has already broken many records of speed set by the other fastest cars.
Primary Features that make it Desirable:
- The twin turbo V8 engine is of 5 liters with horsepower of 1099 hp.
- The transmission is through 7 speed dual clutch.
- The power ranges from 1115 rpm to 6900 rpm.
- It is lightweight to ensure top speed can be achieved and weighs only 3163 lbs.
- The level of torque contributes to smooth running and is 885 lb ft.
- Ski box and winter tire can be fitted for better snow sports adventure.
The base price of Koenigsegg Agera R was $1,600,000 when it was launched in the Geneva Motor Show in 2011. Apart from being fast and stylish, the car is environmental friendly too. E 85, a bio fuel can be used in the car instead of petrol and you will be amazed to know that Agera runs more smoothly with E85 with an additional more 180 horsepower. The Agera 2013 has many more improvements to enhance its performance which includes:
- Hollow wheels of carbon fiber.
- New system for suspension.
- The exhaust system of rear will be lightweight.
- Rev limiter has been increased to 7500 rpm from 7250 rpm.
This exotic sports supercar broke the record of 0 to 186 mph in record time held by Bugatti Veyron and set its own time limit of 14.53 seconds. Agera R is surely going to give Bugatti a tough competition for the number one spot in the list of the fastest cars in the world in the next couple of years.